It’s blackberry winter here in Ky.
According to the wise farmers we have 5 spring time winters here in Ky.
1. Redbud Winter that usually falls in early April while the beautiful mountains are full of purple budding trees.
2. Dogwood Winter usually falls at the end of April and around Easter.
3. Locust Winter is a cold spell in early May. These trees bloom with pods of small white fragrant blooms.
4. Blackberry Winter is usually cold and rainy in mid May. The vines are blooming with beautiful bright white blooms now!
5. Cotton Britches Winter/Whippoorwill Winter. I’ve heard it called both. It is the last cold spell and time to put your britches up and the Whippoorwill will migrate from Mexico to us . It is rarely saw due to its camouflage color but we will start to hear it’s sweet song soon! I can’t wait!
Y’ALL GET READY IT’S ALMOST SUMMER! One more cold spell and you can put your long johns up for the summer.
Mekeshia Jordan, nature lover
Kindness is like snow, it makes everything it touches beautiful!
Spread it around as much as you can!
Back in the old days when people weren’t so rushed and had so many things to do, people actually visited their family and spent time with each other. I remember when my Granny was still living every Sunday after church everyone when to her house and spent the afternoon and had a big supper. Us kids played and had a great time while the older adults played horsehoes, worked a puzzle, played cards or sat around and drank and shared what had been going on the week before. Our family was so much closer back then. I decided since my health issue that my I needed to see them more. So my husband and I went on a little adventure yesterday to spread a little cheer.
We visited my uncle that just recently got out of the hospital strangely enough because he had a blood clot. We also went and ate dinner with my momma and stopped to visit my sweet Aunt Marandi. This is the most I have done since my hospital visit and it wore me out, but it was so worth it. I plan to do a lot more of this in 2017. Life is really short and we only have a few moments to be here. Family is precious.
During our little kindness road trip we also had got to enjoy some gorgeous views and scenery. We live in such a beautifulplace. It’s amazing what God had created for us to explore and enjoy.